- Make sure your Kinect is not connected to your computer.
Click here for Kinect drivers and run the installer. (no need to restart your computer)
- Connect your Kinect and restart your browser.
- Point the camera at the scene before you hit Record
- Don't be closer then 0.5 m (3 foot) or further than 2.5 m (8 foot) to things
- Move slowly with the camera
- Keep it short typically 30-40 seconds or under 1 minute
Start recording when the Kinect camera is already in your hand and you're ready to start capturing. Be extra sure to move the Kinect camera slowly and avoid blank walls, featureless, flat or one-color parts of your environment. The Kinect camera works when things are 0.5 - 3.0 meters away. Kinect@Home works best for modeling furnitures or part of a room, such us your desk or bedroom or a person!
The Kinect@Home browser plugin currently works on Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8. It works for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer 7+ for both Kinect for Windows and Xbox
We are working on supporting other platforms as well. Drop us a line if you are a developer and you'd like to contribute!